- To book rooms and spaces in the Natural History Museum of Denmark (hereinafter SNM), please contact the Events Department. They will then forward you a quote for the desired event, stating how long the quote is valid.
- You are free to cancel the booking before submitting a written order confirmation and before the cancellation terms and conditions enter into force.
- In the event that several customers request the same room or space during the same period, and the customer does not confirm the booking of the event in writing, SNM reserves the right to offer the room or space to another customer after the expiry date of the quote.
- The written contract should contain accurate information about the date and time frame of the event, the anticipated number of attendees and the overall price. If this is not the case, please get in touch with your contact person in the SNM Events Department. Together with these Terms and Conditions, the contract constitutes the overall agreement between the parties, and can only be waived on the basis of the written consent of the parties.
- SNM reserves the right to forward a new agreement, if there are any significant changes to the event that might affect the confirmed price or the use of the room and the capacity of the space.
- A deposit, amounting to 50% of the price of the booking, must be paid no later than 45 days prior to the date of the event (with the exception of civil ceremonies in the Botanical Garden). The deposit will be deducted from the final bill and refunded upon timely cancellation. The remaining amount is payable after the event. SNM will send you an invoice for this.
In special cases, SNM reserves the right to charge a prepayment of 100% of the final amount.
For civil ceremonies in the Botanical Garden, SNM charges a prepayment of 100% of the final amount.
In the case of non-payment or late payment of the deposit, SNM is entitled to terminate the contract.
Capacity and number of attendees
- For all events in SNM’s rooms and spaces, the calculated maximum capacity must be respected. Only in exceptional cases, and with the written approval of SNM, can the capacity limit for rooms and spaces be waived.
- Out of consideration for the safety of its collections and guests during the event, or in relation to requests to use the capacity of the room for tents/gazebos/scenes, entertainment or equipment, SNM reserves the right to limit the number of participants in relation to the maximum capacity of the rooms and areas.
The safety of the collection
- The rooms and spaces of SNM house the museum’s collection: objects on display, objects in our storerooms, and the Botanical Garden - the living part of the collection. The safety of the objects is top priority. Consequently, there are special rules about bringing in flowers and plants, foods and beverages from outside. Food and beverages are only permitted for SNM’s approved suppliers.
- Photos and videos of the event may only be used for private and internal use and not in any official and/or commercial context.
- SNM must approve the use and installation of the customer’s own materials: for example, banners, posters etc.
- The customer must reimburse SNM for any damage to the hired room/space, with the exception of damage caused by normal use, wear and tear and force majeure.
- An event may be cancelled no later than 45 days prior to the date of the event. ‘Cancellation’ refers to total or partial cancellation, reduction, curtailment or any similar changes to the event.
‘Final booked event’ refers to the services that remain in place 45 days prior to the date of the event.
- The following conditions apply to the reduction of an event:
You must notify the Events Department in writing of any reduction of up to 35% of the final event, no later than 30 days prior to the date of the event.
You must notify the Events Department in writing of any reduction of up to 10% of the final event, no later than 10 days prior to the date of the event.
- In the event of a no-show, SNM is entitled to compensation corresponding to the full price of the final booked event.
- Cancellation and reduction must be submitted in writing and confirmed by the museum’s Events Department. SNM is entitled to claim compensation for the costs of special, non-cancellable contractual services: for example, music, equipment and the like.
- In the event of extreme circumstances beyond the control of the parties (force majeure), cancellation is cost-free. Cancellation due to coronavirus or a similar pandemic is not regarded as a force majeure situation, unless the cancellation of the event is due to a public ban that makes it impossible to hold the event. In such a case, cancellation of the event will mean that each party bears its own costs and that remedies for breach of contract or other claims for damages cannot be invoked.
- In order to fulfil the contract, companies must provide their company registration number, and private customers their civil registration number.
I consent to the registration by the University of Copenhagen of my contact information, and also consent that they can subsequently email me with information and newsletters, invitations to events etc. The University of Copenhagen can store my contact information until I revoke my consent.
- Any dispute that may arise out of the terms and conditions of the contract, which cannot be settled amicably on the basis of negotiation, shall be referred to Copenhagen City Court as the primary authority.