Associate Professor, Curator
Natural History Museum of Denmark
Universitetsparken 15, 2100 København Ø, 11, Building: 02-4-411
Systematics, taxonomy, phylogeny, biogeography and evolution of the Calyptratae (Diptera):
- Collaborator on the Systema Dipterorum;
- Comparative larval morphology of Miltogramminae (with K. Szpila, University of Torun);
- Phylogeny of the Calyptrata based on molecular data (with R. Meier, Singapore National University and S. Kutty, Natural History Museum, London) and morphology (with V. Michelsen, Natural History Museum of Denmark);
- Taxonomy, systematics and phylogeny of the Sarcophagidae;
- Taxonomy, systematics, phylogeny and phylogeography of the Rhinophoridae;
- Evolution and historical ecology of the Oestridae.
Fields of interestSystematics, taxonomy, phylogeny, biogeography and evolution of two-winged insects (Diptera) with special emphasis on the Tachinidae family-group (Calliphoridae, Oestridae, Rhinophoridae, Sarcophagidae, Tachinidae). Diptera nomenclature. Large-scale biodiversity inventories.
Primary fields of research
Systematics, taxonomy, phylogeny, biogeography and evolution of two-winged insects (Diptera) with special emphasis on the calyptrate families. Diptera nomenclature. Large-scale biodiversity inventories.
Entomology: structure, phylogeny and biology of terrestrial arthropods (with other staff members/research associates of the Entomology Department; for 3rd or 4th year students in spring terms).
Phylogenetic systematics; (with other staff members of the Natural History Museum of Denmark; international PhD course on principles and analytical methodology, two weeks in March in uneven years.